Tuesday, February 19, 2008

"Love is an adventure of the Soul"

The quote "Love is an adventure of the Soul" is from a book called "The Age of Miracles: Embracing the New Midlife" by Marianne Williamson which I have just finished reading.

The book inspired me, especially as I turned 48 as I was reading it!

These are some quotes that really connected with me:

"If in fact the highest, most creative work is the work of consciousness, then in slowing down we're not doing less; we're doing more. Having slowed down physically, we're in a better space to rev up psychically. We are becoming contemplative. We are shifting from the outer to the inner .... We're going slower in order to go deeper, in order to go faster in the direction of urgently needed change in the world."

"Aging humbles us, it's true - but it also awakens us to how precious life is, and how very fragile. It's time for us to become elders and caretakers of this precious planet, not just in name but in passionate practice."

The next book our photo art journals group is doing is called "Have a Heart" and is a collection of photographs of hearts we have found in nature or elsewhere. I plan to use the photo I took of the heart in the book pages for the cover of the heart book.

1 comment:

E-J said...

Wandered into your blog via a search on Eric Maisel, as I'm reading "The Van Gogh Blues" ... That's a great photo!