Wednesday, September 8, 2010

One Step at a Time


What a wonderful day I had on Sunday with so many special people joining in the labyrinth walk.  The weather was absolutely perfect, one of those days when just feeling the air against your skin makes you smile.  I am so grateful to everyone who came and participated.

I wanted to share the poem that I read to open the labyrinth for our walk.  It is by Robin Heerens Lysne and is called "First Step".

Beginnings
are sometimes foggy.
The path is not always clear.
The end of one begets another.

To begin, put one foot
in front of the other.
Your foot knows where to land,
the one that moves forward first.
Forget about the best foot.

Just put it out there.
Stop traffic if you have to.
Go home if that is where it leads you.
Go back to work
if that is where your foot falls.

You don't have to
go anywhere
Just rest.
After you step,
take another.
Forget about the weather.
Step
Step again.


Yes, the labyrinth always reminds me to simply put one foot in front of the other and to trust the path ahead of me.

1 comment:

Joanne Huffman said...

I'm sure it was a wonderful time and a great experience foe everyone who was lucky enough to participate.