Monday, January 10, 2011

Every moment is precious


What a difference a week can make.  Life is precious.  Life is fragile.  We take life for granted, and yet it can change in an instance. This week I have been reminded to appreciate each moment, each experience and each person that I meet.

"Learn to turn to each person as the most sacred person on Earth, to each moment as the most sacred moment that has ever been given to us.  This moment may never happen again, because no two moments are ever alike."
Reshad Feild

During December the sight of this tree adorned with light and color greeted me every time I looked out my bedroom window or drove up my driveway after dark. This week the tree has been lit every night as a tribute to the man who painstakingly created it every year for his family and neighbors to enjoy. I shall always remember it as "Ted's Tree" and it shall remind me to be grateful for each and every day and to live life in radiant color.  Ted, thank you for your legacy of a life well lived.

"What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments,
but what is woven into the lives of others."
Pericles

1 comment:

Joanne Huffman said...

Leaving the tree on is a beautiful tribute and the tree, itself, is a piece of beauty to be enjoyed by anyone who sees it - so, your photograph is part of the tribute. Thanks for sharing.