The Light Center.
The word photography comes from the Greek and means drawing with light, so this was truly a perfect venue for the retreat. And Carol truly recorded the essence of light in this image. The Light Center is "dedicated to helping you expand awareness of your inner light and to pray more effectively", so light was in and around us in many ways. The dictionary defines light as "the energy producing a sensation of brightness that makes seeing possible" and as "God as a source of spiritual illumination and strength" - both of which applied in this weekend retreat on photography as a spiritual practice.
When visiting The Light Center you are generously given a package of information about the Center which includes the seven steps of effective prayer which are:
1. I release all of my past, negatives, fears, human relationships, self-image, future, human desires and judgments to the Light.
2. I am a Light Being.
3. I radiate the Light from my Light Center throughout my being.
4. I radiate the Light from my Light Center to everyone.
5. I radiate the Light from my Light Center to everything.
6. I am in a bubble of Light and only Light can come to me and only Light can be here.
7. Thank you God for everyone, for everything, and for me.
And Carol also made this amazing image of butterflies. In ancient Greek the word for butterfly is psyche, which translated means soul. Truly a soulful weekend in a soulful place.