Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Quotespirations!


"I put on my dream-cap one day and stepped into Wonderland."
Howard Pyle

This is my contribution to a wonderful new book by Lesley Riley called Inspirational Quotes Illustrated. I titled my image "Inspiration Arriving". You'll see the woodpecker has food in his mouth!

Lesley invited artists to submit images in response to quotes which she gave us relating to the creative process. Quotes have always inspired me and enticed me into my creative life, so I really related to this project. One of my most precious possessions is an old notebook in which my grandmother hand-wrote her favorite quotations. And I have numerous notebooks filled with quotations which I turn to when I need fresh insight.

What are your favorite creativity quotes?

4 comments:

Joanne Huffman said...

Great image; perfect for the quote. I love blending words and visual images.

KittyAnn said...

Don't think. Thinking is the enemy of creativity. It's self-conscious, and anything self-conscious is lousy. You can't try to do things. You simply must do things.
Ray Bradbury

Hello from North Carolina, love your thoughts on your blog and your work! Best, Ani

Catherine Anderson said...

Ani, what a great quote! Thanks so much for sharing. Great to "meet" another North Carolinian!

Gail said...

Another inspired image, Catherine. And I just love the birds.

"Be yourself. Everybody else is already taken." ~ Anonymous