Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Meinrad Craighead: Praying with Images


Meinrad Craighead: Praying with Images Preview from Amy Kellum on Vimeo.

In this extract from Meinrad Craighead's video, she says: "If I didn't paint, I wouldn't know where I was in the universe."  This really resonated with me, and is the reason I am drawn to photography.  It enables me to understand my place on this earth.  It allows me to connect with something larger which speaks to me of my relationship to the natural world and everything in it.  Creating in a mindful way is a prayer of gratitude - gratitude for the gift of our senses with which we can experience the beauty of the world.

2 comments:

Joanne Huffman said...

I love the idea of creating being a mindful prayer - beautifully said!

Briana, MA said...

Wow! This was a fantastic video. Thank you for posting it.