Friday, November 7, 2014

Finding a Labyrinth in your Community


Why do I walk the labyrinth? I walk it because it is the simplest way I know to connect to my body, to stop my mind from constant chattering, and to become present to the moment. I feel more connected to myself after time in my labyrinth.

Your experience might be different, and the best way to find out what a labyrinth is all about, is to walk one.

I'm fortunate enough to have a labyrinth in my back yard, but recently labyrinths have sprung up everywhere, and you might find there is one just around the corner from you by going to the World-Wide Labyrinth Locator.

And if you want to find out more about labyrinths, I recommend you start with the book Walking a Sacred Path: Rediscovering the Labyrinth as a Spiritual Practice by Lauren Artress.

I'd love to hear about your experiences in the labyrinth.

No comments: